Recipe by kwlabear
Found this on a British web site and thought I'd try them since they don't contain wheat. Lots of mothers give arrowroot biscuits to their babies.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter to a cream.
- Whisk the eggs to a strong froth.
- Add them to the butter, stir in the flour a little at a time and beat the mixture well.
- Break down all the lumps from the arrowroot and add it with the sugar to the other ingredients.
- Mix all well together, drop the dough on a buttered tin, in pieces the size of a shilling.
- Bake the biscuits about 15 minutes in a slow oven.
- Time: 15 minutes.
- Sufficient to make from 3 to 4 dozen biscuits.
- Seasonable at any time.