Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Zesty and hearty chicken enchiladas.
Make and share this Arriba Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 12 ounces salsa
- 4 ounces green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 lbs chicken, cooked and cut into small pieces
- monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking pan, set aside.
- In saucepan, blend chicken broth and flour. Cook, stirring, until broth thickens.
- Add salsa, chilies, onion, garlic, sugar and seasonings, mix well.
- Soften tortillas by dipping them into the hot mixture.
- Place a spoonful of chicken and a slice of cheese in each tortilla. Roll and place in the greased 9x13 baking pan. Repeat with remaing tortillas.
- Add sour cream to hot mixture, mix well. Pour over enchiladas. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Great enchiladas!! These were easy to make and went together very quickly. I used a rotisserie chicken which made the recipe even quicker. I wanted the tortillas to be very soft for easier rolling so I heated them briefly in the microwave before dipping them into the sauce mixture. I covered the pan with foil and baked the enchiladas for 15 minutes, then I removed the foil and baked for an additional 15 minutes. We really loved the seasonings and cheesiness of these enchiladas. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipes!<br/>**Made for Spring 2013 PAC**