Public Foodie #1's Note:
Arrayan, also called satre guavas are small, tart guavas with a seed in the middle. I have had a hard time finding recipes with them so I created this, and it turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add water, sugar and arrayan to a pot on medium heat. Stir so that sugar dissolves.
- 2Cover and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and let simmer until fruit cracks open and the water turns yellow, about 25 minutes.
- 3Transfer to a stainless steel bowl and use a stand or hand mixer on medium to separate the fruit from seed. (A food processor will not work because of all the seeds.).
- 4Place a sieve in a large bowl and pour mixture through, using a spatula to get all the juice out.
- 5Discard seeds.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Pour into a pitcher with ice and serve with lime or mint as desired.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arrayan Agua Fresca
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: