Recipe by Jfoxe
I make this every once in a while and it is fantastic. I noticed there are only a couple of recipes for this on here and neither of them call to marinade the steak in beer, which is how I've seen it done traditionally and how I was taught so I thought I'd try to describe how I make it. I also made up a chicken version that is really good too that I'll try to post eventually.
Top Review by SD Slim
I enjoyed this simple to prepare dish. Wish I'd left more time for marinading but it was fine with a couple hours. I used a chipotle chili in adobo sauce which worked fine, and used red wine instead of beer, also good.
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, pounded flat
- 1 whole onion
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, depending on taste
- adobo seasoning
- pico de gallo
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound the skirt steak until it's flat or instead, ask the butcher to run it through the machine that flattens it out. Doing this works best.
- Season meat with Adobo, Cumin, and Pico de Gallo. I use the Adobo that has Cumin already in it and it works great.
- Rub seasoning into the meat.
- Layer meat, onions, and garlic in a deep pan or bowl and cover with beer by placing portion of meat on the bottom, top with onions (sliced so that it forms rings), chopped garlic, then repeat until all meat is used. Fill with beer of choice until everything is covered.
- Let sit for several hours or overnight.
- Cook meat on grill.
- Serve with heated corn tortillas and what ever taco toppings you prefer.