Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
When not in Mexico I use this recipe to make my own Arrachera Beef, a marinaded flank steak. The beef is perfect for tacos, fajitas or chili. Please note that cooking time is actually the minimum time needed to marinade.
- 3 lbs flank steaks
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Whisk together garlic, olive oil, tequila, lime juice, salt, cumin and black pepper.
- Place flank steak in zip lock bag and pour in marinade.
- Chill at least 1 hour (but not more than 24 hours); turning often.
Delicioso! Every year we go to Mexico for vacation. Arrachera is one of our favorite meals, but until now I haven't been able to duplicate it at home. This recipe made a tender flank steak full of flavor! Next time I'd like to get the outside charred a bit more, but no matter what, this recipe is a keeper! Mucho gracias!