A delightfully simple pasta dish with loads of flavour and more than a hint of chilli which blends so well with the tomato. Served with a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese, crusty bread and accompanied with a nice glass of red wine. Its a meal to linger over.
- In a small saucepan, gently cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onion has softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with the juice, chilli flakes, basil and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer, stirring frequently for 40-45 minutes until its rendered to a nice thick sauce.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water until cooked 'al dente', and then drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix in well. Serve with grated parmesan.
- Add slightly more Chilli if a hotter flavour is required.