Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a spicy pasta dish that is very fast and easy to make. It's my variation of the dish found at Macaroni Grill. I usually serve this with an italian style salad, garlic shrimp, and either herb bread or french bread.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In skillet, saute garlic in olive oil until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add italian style stewed tomatoes and crushed red peppr.
- Simmer for approx 20 minutes on low.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When both arrabiata sauce and pasta are done, toss together.
- Toss in cheese while sauce is hot so it will melt.