Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hot and spicy shrimp in a rich tomato sauce. Try them on a baked potato.
Make and share this Arrabbiata Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces shrimp, uncooked
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 10 basil leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the shrimp well under cold running water.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan. Dry-fry the onion for 2–3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and red pepper and cook for a further 2–3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 5–6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chili, bringing the sauce to a gentle simmer. The shrimp should be firm and cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add the basil and serve.