Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sizable jolt of crushed red pepper reves up this quick and easy tomato sauce. I found it online.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄8 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspeeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine, sugar, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley. Ladle over the hot cooked pasta of your choice.