Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mild mexican chicken dish.
Make and share this Aroz con Pollo (chicken with rice) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, drained and chopped
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt.
- Brown chicken in hot oil for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Cook rice, onion, garlic in the same pan with drippings until rice is browned.
- Add water, undrained tomatoes, bouillon, salt, pepper, and saffron.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir well.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice.
- Cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add peas and pimiento.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes more.