Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
With shrimp, mushrooms, tomatoes, scallions, and tofu this is a delicacy that I rarely get to have. Darn shrimp!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb tofu, chopped
- soy sauce, to taste
- 4 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- Start water boiling for the ramen noodles.
- Put the shrimp in a lightly oiled pan and cook.
- While the shrimp is cooking chop the tomatoes, mushrooms, scallions, and tofu.
- When shrimp is almost done add the tomatoes, mushrooms, scallions, tofu, and soy sauce to taste.
- Serve over ramen noodles and enjoy.
I have never eaten tofu before and I was glad I read Secret Agents suggestion to buy firm & freeze. This was easy to make and surprisingly good to eat. I'm still debating whether I will eat tofu again but I do appreciate you posting this recipe for me to try. Made for PAC, Spring 2008
Left out the mushrooms, used 2 roma tomatoes & a very small amount of soy sauce, along with a dash of lemon pepper! Also took the suggestion of the good Secret Agent & froze the tofu before using it! A nice variation to serving shrimp! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
After I got a second mortgage on the house so I could buy the shrimp..... I like this recipe though next time I will halve it and leave out the tomatoes and add a few ginger coins. HINT - buy extra firm tofu and freeze it overnight before using it in a recipe you will be glad you did. Good work Chef Aron!