Recipe by Sackville
I made this in a cooking class at Leith's in London. It's a very simple rice that always turns out like the rice served in Thai restaurants in London.
Top Review by Elisa72
Easy and delicious! Nice sticky texture. I was concerned that, because of the ratio of flavorings to rice, the flavor would be too strong, but it was just right. I used a mix of white and brown rice and the family could barely tell that there was brown rice in it (they're slowly coming around to the taste and texture of brown rice :))
- 225 g thai jasmine rice
- 425 ml water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 1 whole red chile
- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and bruised
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan and let stand for five minutes.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to stand covered for five further minutes.
- Remove the flavourings, if wished, and pile into a serving dish.
- Serve immediately, while very hot.