Recipe by Chippie1
Dish is from The Encylcopedia of Italian Dishes and is extremely simple. If you love mushrooms, give this one a try. I only used Portobello mushrooms, but you could use any type of field mushrooms.
Top Review by Bev
Excellent! I would usually prepare mushrooms with butter, but I love this way of preparing them using the olive oil. I will use this recipe often. Thanks so much for posting, Chippie!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced (portobellos preferred but can be any type)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice mushrooms fairly thickly.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir in the garlic, after about 2 minutes, the mushrooms.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt& pepper, and stir in the parsley.
- Cook for 5 minutes more, and serve at once.