Recipe by gailanng
Prep is easy and once placed in the oven, your job is done.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
I love beets in any way shape or form. This is a great way to eat 'em! I made 2 minor blunders, totally forgot to add garlic and the balsamic vinegar. It was fantastic. Once I realized I forgot the balsamic, I drizzled some on before storing the leftovers. It was so YUMMY. Served at room temperature. Also, the beets came precooked (Costco) so I roasted them for about 15 minutes, to heat them through with the salt seasonings and they were perfect. I love the idea of using the food processor to combine and mince the fresh herbs & salt. Thanks Gailanng!
- 4 -5 large beets, trimmed scrubbed, dried and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Food Process the following until finely ground: sea salt, rosemary, garlic and sage.
- Place prepared beets on baking pan covered with foil and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle beets with salt-herb mixture. Roast in oven for 60 minutes or until beets are fork tender.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve warm or cold.