Napoleon Dynamite's Note:
Adapted from the Primal Kitchen. Apparently, you can make and freeze these for easy weekday breakfasts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a vegetable peeler, shred the parsnips until the core is reached.
- 2Melt butter in a pan on medium-high heat, then add seasonings.
- 3Toss parsnip shreds into pan, and stir and turn frequently.
- 4While stirring, parsnips will cook, beginning to brown and clump. Use a spatula to shape the clumps into three hashbrown "cakes" about the size of the palm of your hand.
- 5Continue turning another couple of minutes, until golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Parsnip Hasbrowns (Paleo)
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 135.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: