Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is one I found in "Good Housekeeping" magazine a good while ago. It gives a subtle flavor to the lamb and, to my way of thinking, is simply excellent.
Top Review by Bergy
I am a guest in Bergie"s house and last night was served a really great dinner! This lamb recipe BBQ'D served with new potatoes, minted fresh peas, new carrots, baked onions and topped off with a lemon crunch pie. What a repast! It deserves a 5 star rating
- 3 lbs butterflied boneless leg of lamb (I prefer Australian)
- 3 garlic cloves, cut in half and crushed with the side of chef's knife
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the lamb with the cut side of the garlic cloves.
- Discard garlic.
- In a mortar with pestle, crush fennel, cumin, and coriander seeds.
- (Or, place seeds in a heavy weight plastic bag; use rolling pin to crush the seeds) In a small bowl combine crushed seeds with Olive Oil and salt Using your hands rub the lamb with the crushed seed mixture Place lamb on BBQ over medium heat.
- Cook 15-20 minutes (for medium-rare) turning occasionally.
- Or cook until it reaches your preferred doneness.
- Thickness of butterflied lamb will vary throughout: cut off sections of lamb as they are cooked to your liking and keep warm.
- If desired serve with lemon wedges.