Recipe by Karina A
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson
Top Review by Chef Regina V. Smith
These are very tasty little things. I followed Chef Kate's lead and baked them in the oven instead frying them. Great by themselves, but I added them to Crock Pot Ratatouille (recipe number 58047). Husband raved and raved.
- 453.59 g ground lamb
- 59.14 ml finely chopped scallion
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml semolina
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the lamb into a bowl and add the scallions.
- Sprinkle over the spices, salt, and semolina.
- Beat the egg and add to the bowl.
- Work everything together thoroughly with your hands; cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Scoop out a scant teaspoon of the mixture.
- Roll in your hands to form the meatball and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Have a bowl of cold water beside you to dampen your hands with; this helps them not get too sticky for rolling the meatballs.
- When you are ready to cook them, heat about 1/2-inch of oil in a frying pan.
- Line another baking sheet with kitchen towel.
- When the oil is hot, fry the meatballs in batches without overcrowding the pan.
- Cook them for about a minute a side, or until golden brown all over.