Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson
Make and share this Aromatic Lamb Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- Put the lamb into a bowl and add the scallions.
- Sprinkle over the spices, salt, and semolina.
- Beat the egg and add to the bowl.
- Work everything together thoroughly with your hands; cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- Scoop out a scant teaspoon of the mixture.
- Roll in your hands to form the meatball and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Have a bowl of cold water beside you to dampen your hands with; this helps them not get too sticky for rolling the meatballs.
- When you are ready to cook them, heat about 1/2-inch of oil in a frying pan.
- Line another baking sheet with kitchen towel.
- When the oil is hot, fry the meatballs in batches without overcrowding the pan.
- Cook them for about a minute a side, or until golden brown all over.