Karina A's Note:
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson
My Private Note
mini me ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the lamb into a bowl and add the scallions.
- 2Sprinkle over the spices, salt, and semolina.
- 3Beat the egg and add to the bowl.
- 4Work everything together thoroughly with your hands; cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- 5Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap.
- 6Scoop out a scant teaspoon of the mixture.
- 7Roll in your hands to form the meatball and place on the lined baking sheet.
- 8Have a bowl of cold water beside you to dampen your hands with; this helps them not get too sticky for rolling the meatballs.
- 9When you are ready to cook them, heat about 1/2-inch of oil in a frying pan.
- 10Line another baking sheet with kitchen towel.
- 11When the oil is hot, fry the meatballs in batches without overcrowding the pan.
- 12Cook them for about a minute a side, or until golden brown all over.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Lamb Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.4 mg
- Sodium 445.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.3 g