1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Place chicken in a shallow dish; sprinkle with salt.
- 2Combine lemon rind and juice; drizzle lemon mixture over chicken.
- 3Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 5Add onion, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- 6Add garlic and gingerroot; cook for 2 minutes.
- 7Stir in cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves; cook for 2 additional minutes.
- 8Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 9Coat skillet with cooking spray and add oil.
- 10Place over medium-high heat until hot.
- 11Add chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 12Turn chicken and sprinkle with cumin and next 3 ingredients.
- 13Cook for additional minutes or until golden.
- 14Add onion mixture and tomatoes and stir well.
- 15Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 16Remove and discard cinnamon stick and whole cloves.
- 17Add cilantro the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic-Herbed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 270.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes