Recipe by rosewater
A quick side dish I make as an accompaniment to lamb curry or Indian style dal or chickpeas/chole. I also love having this dish all by itself for lunch.
Top Review by Cynna
Excellent and quick! We loved this. I had to substitute the turmeric with a pinch of saffron and 1/4 tsp mustard powder. I plan on picking up more turmeric and trying this recipe again so I can take a great picture for this recipe. If you like quick and flavorful, I highly recommend this dish!! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add couscous and salt and cover for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, warm olive oil on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, black pepper and peas and saute for two minutes.
- Add to couscous and mix, fluffing with a fork.
- Drizzle olive oil on top, if needed.