Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
cantonese influenced chicken
- 4 boned chicken legs (drumstick and second joint)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sake
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 long chinese onions or 1 leek, slivered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder (available at Chinese grocers or Asian supermarkets, also known as five aroma powder ( ground brown p)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons stock or 4 tablespoons water
- Make slits in chicken skin and meat and marinate for 10 minute in sauce by mixing the next six ingredients.
- Heat wok or pan, add oil and saute chicken in oil, skin-side down over low heat until browned.
- Add sauce made from remaining 4 ingredients, cover pot, raise heat and cook until done, about 20 minutes.