1/2 Photos of Aromatic Chicken Curry
Chef Dudo's Note:
This chicken curry is not as spicy as the " normal" ones. Instead it has more fragrance. If you still think it's too hot, use only one chili pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 8 shallots, minced
- 4 stalks fresh lemongrass, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red chilies, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken stock
- fresh basil leaf
- 1Fry the potato chunks in the oil until browned, drain them on paper towels.
- 2Add the shallots, lemon grass, and all of the spices to the pan.
- 3Fry for a few minutes.
- 4Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 5Add potatoes, salt, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- 6Bring to a boil and then simmer gently for about 30 minutes, uncovered.
- 7Garnish with basil leaves before serving (over rice or couscous).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.5
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 861.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: