Recipe by Chef Dudo
This chicken curry is not as spicy as the " normal" ones. Instead it has more fragrance. If you still think it's too hot, use only one chili pepper.
Top Review by mersaydees
Wonderful flavors. For the curry I used recipe #279198. I used bone-in chicken breasts that I left whole; to accommodate, after frying and removing the potatoes, I added the chicken to brown, then removed them before proceeding to the spices. I served this on my DH's Indian rice; next time I will serve on steamed white rice. Before eating, I tore my basil leaf garnish into bits and sprinkled over my dish. Very nice! Thanks, Chef Dudo! Made for PAC Fall '08.
- 2 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 8 shallots, minced
- 4 stalks fresh lemongrass, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red chilies, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken stock
- fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the potato chunks in the oil until browned, drain them on paper towels.
- Add the shallots, lemon grass, and all of the spices to the pan.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer gently for about 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Garnish with basil leaves before serving (over rice or couscous).