Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Finely shredded and stir fried cabbage with aromatic spices - a great way to eat this healthy vegetable
- Remove course outer leaves from cabbage, quarter, core and shred - a food processor is fine.
- peel, halve and slice onions thinly.
- Heat oil in large wok or pan over medium heat.
- When very hot add cumin and fennel seeds and fry briefly (1-2 minutes) until they turn a bit darker, then toss in sesame seeds.
- Stir briefly before adding onions.
- Stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes until slightly browned around the edges.
- Add shredded cabbage and toss onions through.
- cover tightly and turn heat to low.
- Cook until cabbage wilts - about 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook over high heat
- Stir fry 5 minutes or until cabbage cooked to your liking.