Finely shredded and stir fried cabbage with aromatic spices - a great way to eat this healthy vegetable
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove course outer leaves from cabbage, quarter, core and shred - a food processor is fine.
- 2peel, halve and slice onions thinly.
- 3Heat oil in large wok or pan over medium heat.
- 4When very hot add cumin and fennel seeds and fry briefly (1-2 minutes) until they turn a bit darker, then toss in sesame seeds.
- 5Stir briefly before adding onions.
- 6Stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes until slightly browned around the edges.
- 7Add shredded cabbage and toss onions through.
- 8cover tightly and turn heat to low.
- 9Cook until cabbage wilts - about 3 minutes.
- 10Uncover and cook over high heat
- 11Stir fry 5 minutes or until cabbage cooked to your liking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 217.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g