Recipe by IngridH
From The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. The authors specify a 6 cup rice cooker for this, but I've had no problem with my 3 cup model. This would be wonderful as a side to tandoori chicken. Do not eat the whole spices. Cook time includes letting the rice rest on the 'keep warm' setting.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
This was great rice and I loved that it was made in my rice cooker! I subbed about half the water with coconut milk as I had some leftover from another recipe. Made for ZWT 8
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick (4 inches)
- 3 green cardamom pods
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the rice in a fine strainer, then drain thoroughly.
- Place all ingredients in the rice cooker bowl, and swirl to combine.
- Set the machine for the regular white rice cycle.
- When the machine shifts to 'keep warm', set a timer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, fluff rice with the plastic paddle or a wooden spoon.
- Serve now, or leave on 'keep warm' for up to 4 hours.