From The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. The authors specify a 6 cup rice cooker for this, but I've had no problem with my 3 cup model. This would be wonderful as a side to tandoori chicken. Do not eat the whole spices. Cook time includes letting the rice rest on the 'keep warm' setting.
- Rinse the rice in a fine strainer, then drain thoroughly.
- Place all ingredients in the rice cooker bowl, and swirl to combine.
- Set the machine for the regular white rice cycle.
- When the machine shifts to 'keep warm', set a timer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, fluff rice with the plastic paddle or a wooden spoon.
- Serve now, or leave on 'keep warm' for up to 4 hours.
This was great rice and I loved that it was made in my rice cooker! I subbed about half the water with coconut milk as I had some leftover from another recipe. Made for ZWT 8
The rice turned out perfectly and had good flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.
Well I got perfect rice also, I served this with South African Curry#392938 and the two went very well together. I kind of crushed my cardamom a bit to let the flavour out, you could really taste the two spices. A very nice recipe. Thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010.