Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This will make your skin feel amazingly soft and smooth! I typically use Geranium and Lemongrass oil for this but zaar didn't recognize Geranium; Lavender will work well though. I've read in Aromatherapy books that Lemongrass fights fungi and is used for some skin disorders. It also helps with muscle aches and revitalizes, however it can cause skin irritation in some people so you may want to first try it with less of the lemongrass oil or skip it. If you are pregnant, just use the salt and olive oil.
- 1⁄2 cup sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (use the light or light in flavor kind)
- 8 drops lemongrass oil
- 2 drops lavender oil
- In a small plastic or glass mixing bowl combine salt and oils.
- Mix with hands or plastic spoon. Add more salt or olive oil a little at a time if necessary to obtain desired consistency.
- While standing on a towel (to catch falling salt and oil), rub salt mixture gently on skin (arms, legs, stomach, back). You can concentrate on rough skin areas if desired (like elbows and heels) and be careful or skip sensitive skin areas.
- Take a shower and rinse off salt scrub - careful the tub will be slippery! Use a shower poof or washcloth and some mild soap to help remove the excess oil.