Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is easy and tastes great! Very simular to a Lasagna but lighter flare. Usually a family pleaser. This recipe comes from a friend of my who is from Rochester NY.
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb beef
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 chopped green peppers
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Bown beef and mushrooms and 1/2 chopped onions.
- Add tomato sause salt, pepper, and garlic salt and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Cook noodles.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, remaining chopped onions and green peppers.
- Buttered casserole
- Layer meat, noodles and cheese mixture, ending with meat on top.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes
- First 1/2 of cooking time with lid on casserole, remaining with lid off.
I like this recipe very much because of the ease in making this casserole, and how great it tasted and also due to the use of cottage cheese in it. I certainly pray that this is another one of the Famous Golf Champion Arnold Palmer's creation since his famous "Arnold Palmer drink" combining Ice tea and Lemonade?
Always love this one, tastes great
Very Good!! I did add some Mozarella cheese to the cheese mixture. I also added Basil, Oregano, and Brown Sugar to the meat sauce.