Recipe by Rock N Robin
This recipe is easy and tastes great! Very simular to a Lasagna but lighter flare. Usually a family pleaser. This recipe comes from a friend of my who is from Rochester NY.
Top Review by renrcan
I like this recipe very much because of the ease in making this casserole, and how great it tasted and also due to the use of cottage cheese in it. I certainly pray that this is another one of the Famous Golf Champion Arnold Palmer's creation since his famous "Arnold Palmer drink" combining Ice tea and Lemonade?
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb beef
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 chopped green peppers
- 8 ounces egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Bown beef and mushrooms and 1/2 chopped onions.
- Add tomato sause salt, pepper, and garlic salt and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Cook noodles.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, remaining chopped onions and green peppers.
- Buttered casserole
- Layer meat, noodles and cheese mixture, ending with meat on top.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes
- First 1/2 of cooking time with lid on casserole, remaining with lid off.