Recipe by JackieOhNo!
From "An Armenian Evening", Good Food Magazine, October 1986. Prep time does not include chilling time. Posted for ZWT 4.
Top Review by Susie D
This is a nice garden salad and really could be varied based on what is in season. I made a few changes in procedure, but did follow the recipe. I added the dill & parsley to the dreessing ingredients since they were so finely chopped. I also added 1 t. of sugar to the dressing mixture. I think I will play with the dressing a bit to match our personal preferences, but I will make the salad again. Thanks Jackie! Made for ZWT4.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed through press
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 head chicory lettuce
- 2 fresh ripe tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, pared, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, cut into 3x1/4-inch strips
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 12 greek black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper together in small bowl or shake in jar with tight-fitting lid. Let stand until ready to serve.
- Tear romaine and chicory into bite-size pieces; place in large salad bowl. Add remaining ingredients except vinaigrette.
- Just before serving, toss salad to combine. Whisk or shake vinaigrette to blend. Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat. Serve at once.