Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice and tasty salad from Armenia. From the Art of Armenian and Middle Eastern Cooking.
- 80 g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped (1/8 cup or about 3 ounces)
- 15 g of fresh mint, finely chopped (1/2 ounce-I use a handful)
- 400 g ripe tomatoes, cubed (1 pound-deseed if very juicy)
- 1 small-medium cucumber, deseeded and cubed
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (large and juicy!)
- sea salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the fresh ingredients as stated above.
- Combine in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, sprinkle over sumac and salt then dress with lemon juice and olive oil.