Recipe by Iowahorse
I think this a really awesome burger. I slap 'em on fresh baked onion buns, add some steak sauce, tomato and lettuce and I'm good to go. Support Our Sheep Farmers!
- 3⁄4 lb ground lamb, not too lean
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Knead all the ingredients together.
- Let stand for 5 hrs in the fridge,.
- Shape into patties, place on a baking pan and broil both sides. Serve with the drippings.
- These can also be pan fried or grilled, but it's not the same. So I very much recommend cooking them as directed in the recipe, as the pan drippings are pretty much key in this. Broiling/cook time will depend on the thickness of your patties and how well you like them done. I'm gonna say 18 minutes just for a roundup/ballpark est.