This is a tasty spring salad. You may substitute any low cal dressing for the one included in the recipe, I sometimes like a honey french instead of the vinaigrette. This is low cal too!!
- 3 large plums, cut into wedges
- 3 cups spinach, stems removed and leaves torn
- 2 cups cucumbers, pared, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup safflower oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine spinach, cucumber, onion, parsley, pistachios, and plums in a salad bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss well to blend.