Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Based on a meal served in a Chicago restaurant. The waiter told me the seasonings and I guessed the quantities. The blade cut lamb chops are sold in many market as lamb shish kebab meat, making it easier!
- 4 thick-cut blade boneless lamb chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup pickle juice
- Cut meat into stew-size cubes.
- Combine remaining ingredients for the marinade and pour over lamb in ziplock bag or non-metal pan, covered.
- Marinate for 5 hours, turning every so often.
- Skewer and grill over medium coals or gas grill until done, approximately 20 minutes, basting frequently with remaining marinade.
- Note: Lamb should not be cooked well-done, and should be cooked uncovered. Meat should still be somewhat pink and juicy inside. I've been told thermometer should read 150 dg. for medium-rare and 160 for medium.