Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
No words to describe the wonderful taste of this kebab. Best when cooked out on real charcoal. Skewer vegetables separately since all cook at different times.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup wine
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 leg of lamb, boned and cubed
- 8 whole long italian green peppers
- 8 whole ripe plum tomatoes
- Marinate lamb for 24 hours in first group of ingredients, in covered container or zip lock bag in refrigerator.
- Remove meat from marinade and skewer.
- Place whole plum tomatoes together on one skewer, lengthwise.
- Skewer green peppers together on one skewer, lengthwise.
- Cook peppers and tomatoes over hot coals until browned, turning frequently. Remove from skewers into serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Cook meat over hot coals until browned, turning frequently, until crispy brown on the outside and medium rare on the inside. Remove from skewers to same platter as veggies.
- Serve with Rice Pilaf and enjoy!