Recipe by manushag
No words to describe the wonderful taste of this kebab. Best when cooked out on real charcoal. Skewer vegetables separately since all cook at different times.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup wine
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 leg of lamb, boned and cubed
- 8 whole long italian green peppers
- 8 whole ripe plum tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate lamb for 24 hours in first group of ingredients, in covered container or zip lock bag in refrigerator.
- Remove meat from marinade and skewer.
- Place whole plum tomatoes together on one skewer, lengthwise.
- Skewer green peppers together on one skewer, lengthwise.
- Cook peppers and tomatoes over hot coals until browned, turning frequently. Remove from skewers into serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Cook meat over hot coals until browned, turning frequently, until crispy brown on the outside and medium rare on the inside. Remove from skewers to same platter as veggies.
- Serve with Rice Pilaf and enjoy!