1/1 Photo of Armenian Shish Kebab
Mark Marcarian's Note:
A wonderful Grilled/BBQ'd treat as well! So delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 8 pieces each
- 12 medium mushrooms, stemmed and wiped clean
- 2 large tomatoes, stems removed & cut into 8 wedges
- 1Place lamb in a large container with a cover.
- 2In a medium bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, wine, bay leaf, salt, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- 3Pour marinade over lamb cubes, stir thoroughly, and refrigerate,covered, at least 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4About 1 hour before serving time, preheat broiler.
- 5Drain lamb kebabs, reserving marinade.
- 6Thread separate skewers of lamb, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms and place on a broiling tray.
- 7Baste vegetables with some of reserved marinade.
- 8Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning frequently, as follows: green pepper, about 7 minutes; onions, about 12 minutes; mushrooms, about 3 minutes.
- 9Remove skewers and allow to cool slightly, until ingredients and skewers can be handled.
- 10Leave broiler on.
- 11Remove skewers from ingredients and rethread 4 or 8 skewers (depending on size of skewers) so that each one includes, in alternating pieces, some lamb, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomato.
- 12Baste again with any remaining marinade.
- 13Return skewers to broiler and, turning frequently, broil until meat is reheated and cooked medium-rare, vegetables are slightly blackened in spots, and tomatoes are very tender but not yet falling off skewers (5 to 7 minutes more).
- 14Serve with Rice Pilaf and Pita Bread.
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Armenian Shish Kebab
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 841.3
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 213.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 44.8 g