Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful Grilled/BBQ'd treat as well! So delicious.
Make and share this Armenian Shish Kebab recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 8 pieces each
- 12 medium mushrooms, stemmed and wiped clean
- 2 large tomatoes, stems removed & cut into 8 wedges
- Place lamb in a large container with a cover.
- In a medium bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, wine, bay leaf, salt, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Pour marinade over lamb cubes, stir thoroughly, and refrigerate,covered, at least 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 1 hour before serving time, preheat broiler.
- Drain lamb kebabs, reserving marinade.
- Thread separate skewers of lamb, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms and place on a broiling tray.
- Baste vegetables with some of reserved marinade.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning frequently, as follows: green pepper, about 7 minutes; onions, about 12 minutes; mushrooms, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skewers and allow to cool slightly, until ingredients and skewers can be handled.
- Leave broiler on.
- Remove skewers from ingredients and rethread 4 or 8 skewers (depending on size of skewers) so that each one includes, in alternating pieces, some lamb, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomato.
- Baste again with any remaining marinade.
- Return skewers to broiler and, turning frequently, broil until meat is reheated and cooked medium-rare, vegetables are slightly blackened in spots, and tomatoes are very tender but not yet falling off skewers (5 to 7 minutes more).
- Serve with Rice Pilaf and Pita Bread.
Great! Would go great with some tzatziki. Thank you.
This sounds so good! It takes me back to my childhood. As mentioned, eat this stuffed in a pita with rice pilaf. But be sure to offer a mixture of chopped onion and parsley. Mmmmmm! EDIT: After making this recipe, it definitely takes me back! I used small beef cubes (top round) instead of lamb. I only did the meat, not veggies. It only took about 5-7 mins on the grill so make sure you don't go far! I will be making this again and again. Thanks!!!
Excellent and simple meal. Went well with sides of potato and tossed salads. Thanks!