Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for picnics or lunch. From A Sunset cookbook
- 2 lavash bread (14 inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2⁄3-1 lb roast beef, thinly sliced
- 30 spinach leaves or 2 cups alfalfa sprouts (or some of each)
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- To soften cracker bread, hold the round of lavosh under a spray of cold water for 10 to 15 seconds per side.
- Sandwich between damp tea towels for about 1 hour until soft and pliable.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in a bowl until light and stir in the horseradish, salt and pepper and the milk.
- Spread ½ of the cream cheese on one of the softened lavosh.
- Arrange 1/2 the spinach and/or sprouts on the cream cheese.
- Cover with 1/2 of the roast beef, then with ½ of the tomato slices.
- Roll up jellyroll style.
- Repeat with the second lavosh.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
- May be made a day ahead.
- Cut with a serrated knife into 12 thick slices.