Recipe by Gerry
Found this in one of our local Church cookbooks making for potatoes that are a touch different - and always an empty bowl! The recipe calls for 'old' potatoes - I find for most part I never have old potatoes - if I do not have large potatoes I eyeball an equivalent. Weighing - 11/2 pounds of potatoes takes about five what I call regular sized potatoes. Serving size is a quesstimate as it depends what you are serving and how big the helping!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large old potatoes
- 2 large onions (cut in chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (recipe suggests catsup as a sub)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (I add the parsley) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel potatoes, cut potatoes and onions in chunks.
- In a large bowl mix together the oil, tomato paste, water, salt, paprika, combine with potatoes.
- Add onions, pepper to taste, parsley and toss to mix.
- Bake in a covered dish in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.