Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had this potato salad at a small Armenian deli in Glendale. I was impressed by how simple but beautiful and delicious it is. So, I decided to try to duplicate the salad at home. I hope you like my version. I call the dressing "Armenian Salsa" because it's a great topping for lots of other things.
- 2 lbs medium russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- armenian salsa (parsley sauce)
- 1 bunch parsley, preferably flat-leaf
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Steam the potatoes for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then.
- peel off the skin.
- Cut potatoes into a 1 inch uneven dice shape.
- Chop the parsley and mix with the other salsa ingredients.
- For a spicier salsa, substitute 1/2 of the parsley with watercress.
- Mix the potatoes with the salsa.
Loved the salsa! This makes a really nice salad. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was delicious! It was pretty easy to make and tasted perfect. I wish I had made more. The "salsa" ready made the dish. Thank you!