Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an individual size 'pizza' made with a ground meat mixture. After baking you can roll it up and eat it plain, or with a squeeze of lemon. I love it with melted grated jack and chedder cheese,lettuce and tomato taco style! They are delicious! Also, when cool, stack with wax paper in between, bag and freeze. Heat in microwave. Normally my family doubles this recipe and we have a marathon with my Dad manning the oven and my Mom and I preparing the pizzas. The kids love to grab one or two out of the freezer after school. Feel free to adjust seasonings to taste and definitely use the tortillas rather than pita bread!
- 2 lbs ground lamb (or combo) or 2 lbs ground beef (or combo)
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 30 tortillas (approximate)
- Mix all ingredients except tortillas together in a large bowl.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Spread meat mixture thinly on each tortilla.
- Bake on large cookie sheets at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
I really like how you use tortillas instead of homemade dough. It makes things much easier!
Great! This is delicious - I tried lahmajoun in Vancouver, Canada at http://www.lamajoun.com and they have similar recipe with the exception that there is no cumin seeds.
My dad is Armenian, and I am trying to get back to my roots. This was good, but I think it NEEDS the mint and chili flakes, and maybe some more cumin, otherwise it just tastes like spaghetti sauce on a tortilla.