Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A flat bread with a spicy meat topping. I've also seen them called Armenian Pizzas. This is a family favorite for years. Not the quickest recipe, but it is easy and very unusual.
- Bread dough equivalent to four loaves (I use the Rhodes pre-made dough).
- Let bread dough rise as if you are going to bake it. Plan ahead, if using frozen dough, this could take 6-8 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degree F.
- Mix the raw hamburger, tomatoes, chopped green pepper and parsley together. You can mix by hand or with a mixer. Add the allspice, red pepper, garlic and salt.
- Pull off chunks of bread dough to form 1 1/2 to 2 inch diameter balls. Roll flat - about 1/4 inch thick. They should look like little pizza crusts.
- Place two to three bread crusts on a cookie sheet, and spread about 1/4 c to 1/3 c of the meat mixture on each unbaked crust.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until the meat isn't red and the bread is golden brown. You can bake 2 pans at once, but may need to rotate them.
- Eat hot.
- These freeze and reheat really well.