1 hr 5 mins
Chef #433668's Note:
A flat bread with a spicy meat topping. I've also seen them called Armenian Pizzas. This is a family favorite for years. Not the quickest recipe, but it is easy and very unusual.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bread dough equivalent to four loaves (I use the Rhodes pre-made dough).
- 2Let bread dough rise as if you are going to bake it. Plan ahead, if using frozen dough, this could take 6-8 hours.
- 3Heat oven to 450 degree F.
- 4Mix the raw hamburger, tomatoes, chopped green pepper and parsley together. You can mix by hand or with a mixer. Add the allspice, red pepper, garlic and salt.
- 5Pull off chunks of bread dough to form 1 1/2 to 2 inch diameter balls. Roll flat - about 1/4 inch thick. They should look like little pizza crusts.
- 6Place two to three bread crusts on a cookie sheet, and spread about 1/4 c to 1/3 c of the meat mixture on each unbaked crust.
- 7Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until the meat isn't red and the bread is golden brown. You can bake 2 pans at once, but may need to rotate them.
- 8Eat hot.
- 9These freeze and reheat really well.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Armenian Meat Pies
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 334.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.8 g