Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From: "The Bean Cookbook" by Norma S. Upson.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup green onion, with tops minced
- In a covered pot, cook lentils, onion, and garlic in water about 25 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and mix well; cover and simmer over low heat 2 minutes. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add pepper and stir well.
- Divide mixture into 18 portions and shape into patties.
- Mix 1 cup parsley with green onions and roll patties in mixture.
This recipe needs a bit more flavour for my family. Also, the patties just wouldn't hold together. I mixed the parsley into the mixture by mistake but I think I liked it that way. Made for ZWT4
Nice and different. I think some grated carrots and perhaps some cumin would enhance this recipe. Although it is nice as is. Thanks!