Recipe by HeatherFeather
Originally found in Yankee Magazine.
Top Review by Sagadahoc
Great recipe. I prepared it essentially as written except that I cooked it in my rice cooker, measuring the chicken broth to match its requirements for teh amount of rice. Served with a great lamb dish (recipe #240551) and everyone was happy. I'll use this a lot. Thank you!
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add rice and stir, about 2 minutes, making sure grains are nicely coated with butter.
- Add lemon zest, pepper (to taste), and the broth.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for about 40 minutes, or until the liquid has absorbed and rice in tender; remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices to serve.