1 hr 15 mins
This chicken soup is very easy to make, and I've provided two version of the recipe for those who want to use left-over cooked chicken (ready in an hour) vs. those who want to start from scratch (using uncooked chicken, takes up to 4 hours). I created this soup on my own in college (years ago) and it has become famous among my friends all over town!! I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 organic chicken breasts (cooked or uncooked)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 -4 stalks celery
- 1 carrot (or 6-8 mini carrots)
- 1 lemon
- 15 black peppercorns (or black pepper powder)
- 4 -5 leaves dried mint
- 10 -15 fresh spinach leaves
- pasta (i use 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta and 1/3 cup basmati rice) or noodles (i use 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta and 1/3 cup basmati rice) or rice (i use 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta and 1/3 cup basmati rice)
- 1De-bone and de-skin the chicken and chop (if uncooked) or shred (if cooked).
- 2Chop the onion, the tomato, the celery and carrots and place in a pot with the chicken, salt, peppercorns and water (4 cups if chicken is cooked. 1 quart if chicken is uncooked).
- 3Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes to an hour (if using cooked chicken) or up to 3 to 4 hours (if using uncooked chicken).
- 4If saving the stock to eat the soup later in the week, let cool and place in fridge before proceeding to next step. If you plan to serve the soup right away, go to the next step.
- 5Bring the stock to a boil and heat on low heat about 10-15 minutes.
- 6Now add some of your favorite carbs (I use 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta and 1/3 cup whole grain rice).
- 7Chop up the fresh spinach (you can always use fresh cilantro or parsley too) and the juice from 1 lemon. Crumble the dried mint leaves and add them to the soup too. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Armenian Lemon Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 103.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: