This is THE most AWESOME grill marinade I've ever tasted in my life! I don't know where my Mom got this, but there is no match that I've ever known of...it is simplicity and freshness, yet rich, robust and succulent! I haven't told you this one yet, because I was entering it in a grilling contest for a Weber grill, but I can't hold back any longer! It is wonderful for chicken breasts and also for lamb. My Mom used to make chicken and lamb kabobs with this marinade and we always wanted more!!! NOTE: Prep time does not include the 24-48 hours marinating time. UPDATE: My grill has died....So in desperation to taste this chicken again, I tried Bobo3039's suggestion about baking it in a 350 degree oven...Results were wonderful!!! (Still missed that charcoal essence, but one must "roll with the punches" and make do...In this case, Bobo3039 was right on the money!)
- Mix all ingredients together (except meat) and whisk thoroughly.
- Put cleaned and dried meat in a large 8 x 11-inch glass baking pan and pour marinade over all, being sure to coat well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours.
- Drain meat and grill, basting with marinade until meat is cooked through.
- NOTE: This is excellent served leftover, cold on a Caesar salad!