Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This healthy, light, and easy recipe is from Nancy Mehagian's culinary memoir "Siren's Feast, An Edible Odyssey". This dish was a favourite at her restaurant on the Spanish island of Ibiza. For those following WW, this recipe is only 1 point.
- 4 green chili peppers (Anaheim)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 -4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 purple onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Roast all the peppers and eggplant under broiler, turning so all sides are roasted evenly.
- When the skins are charred, remove from broiler and allow to cool.
- Placing them in a paper bag allows them to steam so the skins may be easily removed.
- Peel, seed and dice the peppers and place in a salad bowl.
- Peel and dice the eggplant and add to bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, and seasonings.
- Toss all ingredients well, cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- This salad can be made 24 hours in advance, and will taste even better when the flavors are allowed to blend.
Awesome Salad! Roast eggplants and peppers on the barbeque fire! Great for outdoors parties! Thanks for sharing!