This healthy, light, and easy recipe is from Nancy Mehagian's culinary memoir "Siren's Feast, An Edible Odyssey". This dish was a favourite at her restaurant on the Spanish island of Ibiza. For those following WW, this recipe is only 1 point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 green chili peppers (Anaheim)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 -4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 purple onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1Roast all the peppers and eggplant under broiler, turning so all sides are roasted evenly.
- 2When the skins are charred, remove from broiler and allow to cool.
- 3Placing them in a paper bag allows them to steam so the skins may be easily removed.
- 4Peel, seed and dice the peppers and place in a salad bowl.
- 5Peel and dice the eggplant and add to bowl.
- 6Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, and seasonings.
- 7Toss all ingredients well, cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- 8This salad can be made 24 hours in advance, and will taste even better when the flavors are allowed to blend.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Armenian Eggplant Salad
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g