Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was shared by an Armenian friend that I had in Calif.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prick eggplant with a fork in 10-12 places and rub with olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for about an hour, or until the pulp feels quite soft.
- Scoop out the pulp and place in a small saucepan. Add lemon juice and.
- cook over medium heat until the water has evaporated - about 5.
- Saute the onion in butter. Blend enough of the flour in to make a.
- thick roux, then add milk slowly to form a thick sauce. Beat lightly.
- into the eggplant. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the.
- Parmesan cheese and a few drops of warm milk if dip is too thick.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator but bring to room temperature.
- before serving with crackers, bagel chips, or strips of crisped pita.