Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious tender cookie...not too sweet.
- 2 cups sweet butter, clarified room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vodka (or rachi)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Beat butter, egg and rachi with mixer until white and fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Add 4 cups flour one cup at a time.
- Add more flour 1/4 cup at a time until dough is no longer sticky.
- Roll out 1/4 at a time to a long rope, 1/2 inch thick. Dough can be colored with food coloring or decorate with sprinkles.
- Slice on the diagonal about 2 inches long and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with PAM.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until slightly firm. Do not allow to brown.