Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really easy! Posted for Zaar World Tour 05. From RusCuisine.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 12 black olives
- Blend cream cheese and feta cheese together until smooth. If needed, add a bit of water from feta to make mixture creamier.
- Chop cilantro finely and add to mixture.
- Use as a spread or roll into chapati (flat bread, or use whole wheat tortillas) with slices of green pepper and pitted black olives.
Wonderfully easy and tastes great too. The feta cuts through any blandness of the cream cheese and the cream cheese cuts through the saltiness of the feta. I used the feta water to make this creamy as suggested and it worked really well. This would be great over baked potatoes; altogether a versatile recipe.
I made this for a get together here at my house and it went over really well. I thought that it smelled really strong - I think bc of the feta- but they were devoured! I diced the peppers and mixed them and the cilantro into the cheese mixture. Didnt have any black olives so I used some good greek green ones. The black would have been really good though! Thanks Jessica
The only addition I made to this recipe was to add some finely chopped walnuts (about 1/2 cup). I made this into a cheese ball with finely chopped fresh parsley on the outside, and I served it with pita bread and vegetable sticks, a couple of great dips, strips of grilled red capsicum, marinated mushrooms and kalamata olives with drinks one night with friends. This disappeared very quickly! Thanks for a simple to make and delicious recipe, Jessica!