Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Also known as 'kibbe', this is a Middle Eastern raw lamb appetizer. Should be served same day as meat is ground, so it's advantagous to grind meat at home, if possible. Ratio of ingredients are flexible so you can use more or less to taste.
- 1 cup ground lamb (leg works well)
- 1 cup fine bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup parsley, chopped fine and divided
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 -2 scallion, chopped fine
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Lamb should be put through grinder three times.
- Mix in salt and pepper to taste, before adding bulgur and onions.
- Add salt to finely chopped green pepper, finely chopped green onions and finely chopped handful of parsley.
- Squeeze vegetables with hands to draw moisture and add to lamb.
- Also add cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Knead all together adding a little water until all ingredients stick together.
- Shape into patties and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve at once.